CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pondering "Today"

I have been pondering this scripture that was discussed at my Monday Night Bible Study last night: "See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:12-13

We discussed what was meant by Today and especially since it was capitalized. The chapter in general is warning us about unbelief. It is easy to fall away and think we have tomorrow but we must always live in faith and trust each day. So in general we discussed that Today is anyday and we aren't guaranteed a tomorrow. This chapter also encourages us to listen for His voice and to not turn away with rebellion and hardened hearts. I have lived with much rebellion in my life and I pray to hear His voice and not my own. This is especially hard in this world with so much coming at us from all directions.

Yesterday we lost a member of our SS class very unexpectedly. She was with us at our annual SS class birthday party at Brookwood on Sunday and was just fine. Yesterday was "her Today" and I feel certain that she was believing our Lord and all of his promises and is resting peacefully with Him now and for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment