CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mmmm...the smell of Autumn

PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE

Tonight I am going to my monthly Ruth Circle Meeting. On Monday, I got a sweet reminder from Joyce that I had signed up for refreshments (back in January). Thank goodness for the reminder! I would have surely shown up without anything and really been embarrassed. Not that my sweet friends in Ruth Circle wouldn't have forgiven me! Anyway it was a perfect chance to have the smell of pumpkin wafting through the house this afternoon. Don't you love the word wafting?:) I decided on "Pumpkin Crunch Cake" which you serve with a dollop of Cool Whip or freshly whipped cream. I have lots of "wafting opportunities" this month. I will be baking "Gram's Best Brown Sugar Cake" for our bazaar at Church and a "German Chocolate Cheesecake" for a co-workers birthday and then there will be "Holy Cow Cake" for my sister's FIRST Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest at her new house. I've told her it will become a tradition thus the word "first"! Baking is somewhat therapeutic for me so I'm looking forward to all my Autumn activities and sweet times with friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the Pumpkin Crunch Cake. See you in a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!!! you crack me up - Dollop and Wafting. Welcome to the land of blogging where you use great words...... see you tomorrow. missed u

    ReplyDelete