CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Today....October 4, 2009

Outside my window...a rainy Sunday, perfect day for resting, napping, reading, etc.
I am thinking...how safe and reassuring the santuary of my church is on a rainy Sunday morning.
I am thankful for...so many things, my God, my family, my home, my job, my friendships.
I am wearing...t-shirt and black capris
I am remembering...the sermon today and Communion and that today is World Communion Day. All around the world Christians are receiving Communion... "One bread, one body, throughout the earth".. will be sung today in thousands of churches. United are we that belong to Christ!
I am going...nowhere for the rest of the day!
I am reading...The Pillars of the Earth (still!) and Revelation
I am hoping...to get organized here at home over the next week and to get all my Fall decorations put out by next weekend.
On my mind...my angel babies and how excited Maddie is to have her own blog.
From the learning rooms...today in SS class, we heard Psalms 24 read and it just about sums it all up... He is the "King of Glory."
Noticing that...there is always loss all around us. Today a lady was quitely crying in church and I offered up a short prayer for her. Afterwards she told us she had buried her mother yesterday on the 1 yr anniversary of burying her husband.
Pondering these words...The Face of Heaven, a new song by Steven Curtis Chapman about his little girl who went home to be with Jesus a year or so ago. To think of our loved ones who have gone before us as the face of heaven is so profound to me.
Praying for...In addition to my family prayers, I am praying for Regina, Bear, Charlene, Rita's girls, Jeffrey, Mari and Rosa. Lots of prayer requests in SS this morning!
From the kitchen...well since it was raining after church, I decided not to go to the grocery store. I have a half-pound of hamburger meat, 1 sweet potato and various canned vegetables. I'm not sure what I'll come up with but that is going to be the dinner ingredients. Resisting the urge to bake something!
Around the house...lots to do, laundry, dusting, a breakfast table that you couldn't eat at if you tried for stuff piled up on it. Going to tackle it next I think!
One of my favorite things...baking!
A few things this week...Beth Moore on Tuesday night and Ruth Circle meeting on Thursday night at Nan's house.
From my picture journal...the picture at the top is a cake I made last Saturday. It is called Gram's Best Brown Sugar Cake. As you can tell I haven't learned how to post pictures where I want them. It should be down here. I'll get Mir to fix it for me! I have tried and have now given up. I can't even figure out how to delete it! I'm sure it would be a snap for Maddie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment