CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Daybook

Today, Christmas Eve
12/24/2009

Outside my window... overcast and pretty wintery looking, we had a hard rain in the wee hours of the morning. Had to come back and add that the SUN is coming out! :)

I am thinking... I just might get everything done after all!

I am thankful for... knowing our Lord and Savior.

I am remembering... Christmases past and looking forward to this Christmas with Cooper and Chloe.

I am going... to Christmas Eve service this afternoon at Mir's church and then to their house afterwards for tamales, queso and gift opening! Tomorrow my family will gather at my sister's house for our big family Christmas.

I am reading... who has time to read? :) Seriously.

On my mind... a little boy who lost his mother a few months ago. Pray for him, his name is Jeffrey.

From the learning rooms... how important relationships are and if we have a relationship with Jesus, the rest is easier, (okay for the most part!). :)

Noticing that... my new TV looks huge in my living room, I am told I will get used to it!

Pondering these words... "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19

From the kitchen... just pulled out 2 pans of cornbread from the oven, have one more batch to make. I will be making a Swedish pound cake after I finish the cornbread and then will chop my onions and celery to saute and have ready tomorrow morning when I assemble the cornbread dressing for baking. I am also making a mashed potato dish that is made with instant mashed potatoes but don't let that fool you. They have butter, sour cream, cream cheese and evaporated milk. Enough fat to hold you over for all of 2010 but they are yummy!

Around the house... only two more presents to wrap and then need to set my dining room table with my Christmas dishes. Not that anyone is coming to dinner at my house but it just looks pretty! You never know who might stop by!

One of my favorite things... a rare day off on Christmas Eve! Gives me much peace!

A few things for next week... can't even go there, much work still to be done by year end at the office. For now I'm enjoying the next 4 days off. Again, so rare for me! Praise you Lord!

My prayer for you... that you will have a blessed and Merry Christmas! Celebrate Him and all that He has blessed us with. He is the reason for the season.... Merry Christmas to you and yours, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment