CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today...
Sunday, May 9

Outside my window.... overcast morning
I am looking forward to.... our family gathering this afternoon for Mother's Day
I am thinking....that it has been really nice to have a 3 day weekend
I am remembering.... Chloe kicking at Reba (their dog), yes she really did! Reba ate Chloe's cracker and Chloe didn't like it one bit, she swatted at Reba and then kicked at her. It was so funny!
I am hoping.... that a family member's health will improve
I am praying.... for a sister in Christ who lost her grandson last weekend
I am grateful....for my church family
From the learning rooms....reading Faith and Food and looking forward to our book study
this Thursday. I especially enjoyed the chapter on hospitality.
Pondering these words... "A simple life."
From the kitchen... I made an Italian Cream cake and a pan of homemade brownies (for Maddie) for our Mother's Day dessert. I grilled chicken breasts last night. It was the first time I've grilled since the babies were born! I forgot how much I enjoyed it and will definitely get back to preparing more meals outside. It is so easy and you can't beat the easy clean-up!
Around the house.... well the outside looks good, the yardman has trimmed all of the shrubs or as I say, "He scalped everything!" Needed to be done in the worst way. Can't say I've done much inside lately not that it doesn't need to be done as well..... SIGH
A few things this week....church this morning, Mother's Day lunch this afternoon at Miranda and Todd's, Ruth Circle meeting on Thursday at Sue's and on Saturday, I'll have a lunch outing with my Wesley group and that evening is my office Supper Club gathering for the second quarter. Our theme this quarter is Paula Deen. I'm making her Toffee Goey Butter cake. After writing that, I need to make a real effort to clean off the treadmill and get steppin' again! :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment