For Today,
Sunday, 5/23
Outside my window.... nice evening breeze.
I am thinking.... it might have been a little early to change my blog background but we have Memorial Day in a week, flag day in June and then July 4th so why not a little bit of early "red, white and blue!"
I am thankful for.... friends
From the learning rooms.... it is evident that I have plenty of people in my life to help me with situations like last weekend (plumbing disaster) but I still panic anyway. I did pray to God for help and direction because I truly didn't know what to do first or at all. He sent me Lynn and Jim which were both a big comfort while the water restoration company guys were at my house.
They too are going through the same process after a hot water heater hose broke in their attic. Jim was a big help and knew what I should do. Thank you Lynn and Jim! I'm sure I'll be looking to you both for advice with the next phase of finding a contractor to repair the bedroom ceiling, wall, carpet, etc.
From the kitchen.... I grilled steak and a chicken breast for dinner. In all I got 4 dinners out of it and 2 of them are in the freezer for a quick meal night.
I am wearing.... A "Race for the Cure 2008" t-shirt and jean capris.
I am creating.... pretty much nothing!
I am going.... nowhere but work this week unless we're having bible study tomorrow night. I forgot to ask my SS teacher this morning in SS. He is also our Monday night bible study teacher. We are blessed to have him. I admire his steadfastness.
I am reading.... another Karen Kingsbury book (see sidebar).
I am hoping.... that the bedroom repairs can be done before vacation mid-June. The peace of mind would be nice!
I am hearing.... the dishwasher and the television.
Around the house.... one really sad looking guest bedroom. I started to post pictures showing the hole in the ceiling and the cut-out place in the wall but frankly it is too ugly and doesn't deserve a place here.
One of my favorite things.... a restful Sunday afternoon
I am praying for.... a family member who is having a surgical procedure tomorrow.
To view or create a Daybook, see link in My Blog list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment