CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Today
Saturday, 2/5/2011

Outside my window....woke up to an icy back yard but the SUN is coming out!
I am thinking....that I will venture out today after hunkering down yesterday due to the icy road conditions.
I am hoping....the "Groundhog" prediction of an early Spring this year is correct!
I am going....to Miranda and Todd's for Super Bowl tomorrow.
I am cooking....chili today! I am trying a Penzey's (the spice store) recipe and bought all the spices in hopes to find that just right chili recipe without tons of sodium. I will be freezing some individual portions to have on hand for a quick meal. I will also be making my friend Sue's Hashbrown Potato Casserole for Super Bowl. Todd is smoking a brisket for all of us. YUM, his briskets are the best!
I am happiest....when I am with my angel babies, Cooper and Chloe. They are the most precious things on earth!
I am praying....for Baby Gage Domec. He's the grandson of very close friends and has been in Texas Children's Hospital for 3 weeks now with Bacterial Spinal Menengitis. He is improving but still needs our many prayers. Please lift him up! He is the sweetest little thing and his Mommy and Daddy want to bring him home!
I am reading....Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury but I have to send out a HUGE recommendation for those who like to read to get a copy of Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. It is a story of a Jewish rabbi who asks the author to do his eulogy. It is a true story and is so good!
I am blessed....several blessings came my way this past week, I had yet another leak from a busted pipe this past Tuesday morning. I discovered this at 5:30 AM and went outside minutes before a storm hit our area. My neighbor was leaving for work and helped me shut my water off. HUGE blessing when you live alone and need help on occasion! The plumber was also able to come that same morning. A few days later another neighbor had to help me with my auto-garage door opener due to "rolling" power outages. My son-in-law Todd was able to make his flight from NYC back to Houston on Thursday morning without any delays. The same afternoon many flights were cancelled due to bad weather. Yesterday, it was a true blessing to not be out on the road as there were at last count close to a 1000 road accidents due to our Icy weather. Yes, amidst some stressful situations, there were blessings!
I am hearing....birds singing, can you imagine how happy they are on this now Sunny morning after yesterday???

To read or create your own Simple Woman's Daybook, check out the link in my blog list on the left side-bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment