Today...October 11, 2009 Outside my window...dawn is breaking, cooler temperatures finally, slight breeze.
I am thinking...how fun last night was, had dinner at Rita's with my Wesley group and then went to see a play called CROWNS at the college. It was so good and such a fun evening!
I am thankful for...my church family who I will see in a couple of hours.
I am wearing...my pajamas
I am remembering...rocking both babies to sleep yesterday for their afternoon naps.
I am going...to Miranda and Todd's this afternoon.
I am reading...just finished The Pillars of the Earth yesterday, couldn't quite get it out of my mind, went back and re-read the last 10 pages or so.
I am hoping...for peace and resolution for some family members.
On my mind...how these last 5 days off have gone so quickly!
From the learning rooms...lively discussion today about Psalm 27, last verse which says, "Wait on the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." How this is so hard and how we all want answers now in our own timing. And...how strength in numbers holds us up in our times of trouble and sorrow. A class member returned only a little over a week after losing a dear loved one. I so admire her and told her so. She told me it was the support of our class that enabled her to return. I have learned there isn't anything quite like the prayers of godly brothers and sisters in Christ.
Noticing that...Calvin's Champion Red Oak is dropping its leaves on my yard, such a sweet reminder of him. He loved that tree.
Pondering these words...from Max Lucado's book Fearless on the chapter titled "What If Things get Worse." He quoted a friend of his who said, "Everything will work out in the end. If it's not working out, it's not the end." Hmmm
From the kitchen...will be trying out a new crock-pot recipe tomorrow that I found on another blog called Coca Cola Roast. Made lemon cookies yesterday for my Wesley group dinner last night. Todd made gumbo for lunch yesterday and it was really good, spicy but good!
Around the house...not much today, going to church and then over to Miranda and Todd's for the afternoon.
One of my favorite things...having dinner with family or friends and sitting around the table talking afterwards..(like last night, so enjoyable).
I am praying...for Bear and the Cronan family.
From my picture journal...learning how to do this finally!
Sisterly love!
To create or read other Daybooks, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.
No comments:
Post a Comment