Today...October 18, 2009
Outside my window...sun is coming up big and bright, cool 55 degrees, beautiful day ahead!
I am thinking...I'll be another year older in a few days.
I am wearing...my pajamas, not time to get ready for church yet.
I am remembering...Miranda as a baby and how much Chloe is reminding me of her.
I am going...to lunch with Rita after church.
I am reading...haven't started anything new yet, have a couple of magazines to catch up on.
I am hoping...my brother's business picks up soon.
On my mind...Chloe and Cooper's smiles when they were in the swing yesterday afternoon.
From the learning rooms...I learned "who" made the delicious Sweet Potato Zucchini Bread that I purchased at my church bazaar! I was so excited that she is willing to share the recipe! Does this count as a learning experience for the week? :)
Noticing that...I really enjoy doing this Daybook each week and I so look forward to receiving Miranda's, Donna's and Shay's! It's a snapshot of what's going on with all of us each week.
Pondering these words...found on another blog (Ann's to give proper credit)..."There's a silence waiting with the door open, a slow place where He lingers. I'll cut a clearing through the mental clutter, I"ll make a way in. Wind down the whirl of the world and you hear it; the song of the Spirit." I love this and have re-read it quite a few times. I think this is our most challenging thing to do in the busyness we call life. Clearing through the mental clutter is very tiring! Makes me think of the verse where God says, "Be still and know I am God." Why is being "still" so hard??
Praying for...my son and for many family matters.
From the kitchen...making a German Chocolate Cheesecake for a co-worker's birthday and maybe Carolyn's taco soup recipe.
Around the house...laundry and bill paying to do.
One of my favorite things...my Fall coffee mug.
A few things this week...Bible study on Tuesday night, my birthday on Wednesday, my sister's Pumpkin Decorating Contest at her new house on Saturday.
To visit or create a Daybook, visit http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment