CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009


Today
Sunday, November 15


Out my window... very overcast day and warmer than I would like it to be.

I am thankful for... my Sunday school class and teacher.

I am wearing... black jeans and teal colored top.

I am remembering... how much fun our Supper Club gathering was last night and how nice it was to have two "newbies" join us!

I am going... back to work tomorrow after having 3 days off last week.

I am reading... a new bible study book on the different Christian denominations.

I am hoping... to get my large picture order accomplished this afternoon.

On my mind... a good friend who lost his brother yesterday.

From the learning rooms... we discussed in SS today how important a family of faith is to us especially in times of trouble. John Wesley said, "The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion."

Noticing that... there never seems to be enough time to get everything accomplished. My SS teacher says, "God gives us 24 hours each day. If we needed more time, he would have given us more." Balancing my schedule is always a challenge for me.

Pondering these words... taken from Dr. David Jeremiah's new book, Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World... "It's possible to have three hundred "connections" on Facebook, two hundred "following" you on Twitter, and still feel as if no one really knows you at all." I personally do not have a Facebook or Twitter account but I do know about loneliness. I once went through a very lonely and depressing time. During that time, God was "wooing" me and I found a deeper relationship with Him. He has blessed me abundantly with a church home and a church family. Although I have a large family and many friends, what was missing was a sense of belonging which I found through the direction of the Holy Spirit leading me to my church home and where I am now in my faith walk with Him. Thanks be to God!

Praying for... my friend who lost his brother yesterday. This is the second brother he has lost in the last two years. I too lost a brother almost 27 years ago so my heart goes out to him and his family.

From the kitchen... Well I said I wasn't going to bake anything else until Thanksgiving but today I'm going to make Pumpkin bread for the office. It's what I do when I'm tired! I find it very therapeutic for some reason!

I am hearing... I am at the breakfast table so I hear the humming of the refrigerator and ceiling fan. It is very quiet as I've not yet turned the TV on since returning from church!

One of my favorite things... planning fun parties or gatherings.

A few things this week... on Monday I will go to my SS class "Ladies Night Out" dinner, on Tuesday I have the final Beth Moore session for this Fall's bible study on Revelation, Wednesday I will start another bible study at my home church and on Saturday I am going with my Wesley group to see the new Sandra Bullock movie, The Blind Side.

To create or view other Daybooks, click on "The Simple Woman's Daybook" on the right-hand sidebar under My Blog list...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are going to be in the Wednesday night Bible study. I am, too. I missed last week because I was sick, but I plan to be there this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed last week also because I was staying out at Miranda's. I'll be there this Wed. for sure!

    ReplyDelete