Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Twankful Twog for Wed., 11/25
This morning (very early!) I was contemplating the task of making cornbread dressing for my family. This will be my third attempt and let's say the other two weren't anything to speak of. I was flooded with memories of my Auntie Carmon. She made the very best cornbread dressing and I so regret never learning how she did it. She went home to be with our Lord several years back and took the recipe with her! Of course I know she really didn't have a recipe as she just put a little of this and little of that until she was satisfied it was just right. She never let us down, that's for sure! What touches me now is the memory of her letting me get a taste first from the corner as she knew I loved the crusty corners! I am very grateful for all of the holiday meals she prepared for all of us when we were growing up. My cousin Valarie (my aunt's daughter) and I laugh about having to clean up and do dishes but I know for sure that both of us would gladly clean the messiest kitchen to have her back here with us and to taste that cornbread dressing again! I decided I wouldn't put pressure on myself about this so I poured over several recipes and I decided that I'm going to do my own thing and add a little of this and a little of that. Stay tuned to see how this turns out! Maybe I will post a picture. Sometimes it looks better than it taste! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twankful Twog Wednesday Nov. 25
ReplyDeleteWow, one month until Christmas. (Just a side note.) Today, I am thankful for my friend, Sue. I am always thankful for her, but today is the day I'm writing about her. She is the kind of friend who you can ask anything of and never think twice. And, she will come through for you. I haven't had many friends like that in my life. I hope I am as good a friend to her as she is to me. What a cherished friendship!