Today, Sunday 12/6
Outside my window... a large plant that might not have survived the snow!
I am thinking... I have to stay on task this afternoon to accomplish what needs to be done (which is why I'm doing this now to get it out of the way!).
I am thankful for... Communion today and what it truly means.
I am wearing... jean capris and a red sweater.
I am remembering... how lovely Amber's house looked yesterday for our Christmas brunch.
I am going... I gave away my ticket for a Christmas play this afternoon to free up some time here at home. So, I'll be going nowhere for the rest of the day.
I am reading... finally finished The Brethren. I wasn't real impressed with this John Grisham book. I'm taking a break until January except for my bible study reading plan.
I am hoping... it rains a little today. I came home from church and put winter fertilizer down on my yard since rain is in the forecast for the next few days.
On my mind... my list of things to do!
From the learning rooms... our sermon today was on "Listening to the Angels." We know from the bible the messages the angels brought to many, both in the OT and the NT but what if we are missing messages in the here and now. Hmmm... Should we be listening for angels?? God used them then and just might be using them now. Again, hmmm.
Noticing that... our hearts feel different during the Christmas season.
Pondering these words... Emmanuel, Emmanuel, his name is called Emmanuel. God with us, revealed in us, his name is called Emmanuel.
Praying for... a friend who is often overwhelmed and feels alone with so many responsibilities.
From the kitchen... will make my Christmas cookie dough to put in the freezer this afternoon to have ready for baking later this month. Tomorrow night, I'm making healthy Carrot Cupcakes for Chloe and Cooper's birthday on Tuesday. This past Friday I made Squash Dressing for my SS class party. It was delicious!
Around the house... dragging out the Christmas boxes for decorating. Going light again this year!
One of my favorite things... Communion Sunday
A few things this week... C&C's actual birthday on Tuesday, bible study/dinner at Amber's on Wednesday, on Thursday I'm going to a dinner the President of my SS class is giving for officers. We are a few weeks away from completing our two year terms. Yay! I know, I know, I shouldn't be so happy about that! :) On Friday, I'm going to Austin to see my great niece's church Christmas play. Coming home on Saturday. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about this week. Another reason I gave up the play this afternoon!
To view or create a Daybook, find the link in my blog list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment