Thursday, March 11, 2010
What I Gave Up for Lent
It is confession time! I love fast-food! I know, I know, I know, it's really bad for you. I decided in the effort of eating better and cooking more often, I would give up drive-thrus. This means any restaurant with a drive-thru! This also means I can't park my car and walk into the restaurant if you can call eating places with a drive-thru a restaurant. Not sure on that one. Anyway, on the very first day of Lent I had to work late which is always very stressful and I would normally hit a drive-thru on the way home. As I got closer to home, I realized what a challenge this was going to be for me. Instead of my typical stops at some local drive-thrus in my area, I have been to Subway once, Chili's once and Big Daddy's twice! We are a little more than half-way into the Lenten season and I guess over all it hasn't been that bad. That's not to say, I won't be going to Whataburger on April 4th for a long awaited cheeseburger! :) I still need to cook more often and desperately need to start walking again. Maybe since Spring seems to have finally sprung, I can make an attempt next week to get back on track. I'll let you know... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment