Today
Wednesday evening, 4/14
Outside my window.... near dusk
I am thinking.... I've missed posting this Daybook. I think it has been a couple of weeks since my last one.
I am thankful for....my taxes being done and the check has been mailed. Sigh.
I am wearing.... brown capris and a turquoise sweater
I am remembering.... last weekend's fun - went to Navasota on Saturday and spent the day with the family on Sunday. See previous posts.
I am going.... to watch American Idol in about 15 minutes. Wonder whose going home???
I am reading.... Although I haven't finished Beth Moore's book I started another book! Hate it when I do that to myself!
I am hoping.... that Maddie's volleyball tourny in Dallas is fun and not to much work with taking both babies. I won't be there to help. :(
On my mind....this coming Saturday I'm going to an all day (from the crack of dawn) Women's Retreat in Brenham. It will be a long day but I'm going with some of my favorite people! Rita, Carolyn, Jocelyn and I will carpool together.
From the learning rooms.... It does me no good to have anxiety while at jury duty. I had to sit through the endless choosings of groups and panels before GETTING RELEASED! PTL! I was so excited that I went back to work. Miranda said, "Mom, only you would go back to work!"
Noticing that.... Alot of people show up for jury duty. There was hardly an empty seat in the room.
Pondering these words....The baliff said, "Thank you for serving." Why was he thanking us when we can get fined if we don't? Hmm... guess he was trying to make us feel better. Doesn't work for me. I truly hate going. I know, bad American! Can you tell I haven't let it go yet? :)
Praying for.... a couple of job situations for family members and a good friend.
From the kitchen.... I wish there was something to say here. I might bake something for the retreat on Friday night. Might.
Around the house.... piles are piling up again. I'm hosting Mother's day next month so I can't let things/piles get too out of hand. Guess I should put away the little bit of Easter stuff that I put out. :)
One of my favorite things....my new computer!
A few things this week.... Have to go buy flip-flops to decorate at the Women's Retreat. The theme is based around shoes. How fun! One of the topics is called, "Lacing Up Your Tongue." I'm sure it will speak to me! Will head to Brenham on Saturday morning and won't return until fairly late Saturday evening. Thank you Carolyn in advance for driving us!
To read or create a Daybook, see link on the right in My Blog List.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment