CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back to Reality

Tomorrow I return to work after a wonderful family vacation. It's back to reality after fun, sun and amazing white beaches and blue water in Pensacola, FL. We were blessed after much stress over whether to go or not due to the oil spill crisis. There was no oil or tar balls in the area at all! We had two adjoining suites which conveniently housed 7 adults and 6 children (3 under the age of 18 months!). I am so sad that I don't have pictures to post. On the second day of our trip, I went down to the beach to join the rest of the family and decided to walk out a little ways in the water wearing shorts and a top. I ended up getting pretty wet so decided to walk out a little further. Well, a wave pretty much knocked me down to a sitting position so after getting that wet, I decided to go further. About five minutes into this decision, I realized I had my cell phone in one pocket and my camera in the other. Yes, both are ruined. SIGH. I've been wanting a new phone for awhile so that wasn't so upsetting but my camera was a real loss. I had pictures still on the camera from the first day at the beach. Of course, I would be publishing those pictures tonight if I could.
Miranda is going to see if she can upload them from the memory stick. We'll see. I'm sure she will post lots of pictures from their camera once she has time but I feel like I've lost an appendage! :)

I have really enjoyed my time off. I decided I wouldn't even check work email during this vacation and even though it was tempting tonight, I have refrained. Miranda has loaned me her cell phone until I have time to go buy a new one. I just wasn't up to it today. I have had some "down time" today to prepare for "back to reality" at work tomorrow. I will celebrate 25 years at my company on Thursday and I feel really blessed to have a job, to have a great work family and to be part of a great company who has survived the economic situation of the last couple of years. But I am not ready to go back to work. Not ready at all.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the time served. Hope they do something special for you... You deserve it

    ReplyDelete