Cooper and Chloe turned 2 on December 8th. I took the day off from work and baked these 6 inch mini-cakes in what I think is one of their favorite flavors, banana! Miranda was able to take a half-day off and I met up with them at their house for their "real birthday!" fun. Miranda decorated the cakes with their names and although they are anything but professional I do believe we both had a lot of fun doing this for the babies and they loved them which is all that matters. I hope this becomes an annual tradition so it will be fun to see what the cakes look like from year to year.
Since they were totally uninterested in blowing out their candles on the birthday cupcakes at their party the Saturday before, we were thrilled that they really got into the festivities at home. They blew out their candles, we sang to them, they clapped and said "yay" afterwards and then dug in! For more pictures of them on their real birthday, see Cummings family blog on the right hand sidebar of my blog.
This kitchen was their gift from Mom and Dad....
They loved it and played with it until bedtime!
Cooper and Chloe spent Friday night and all day Saturday with me at my house while Mom and Dad attended big sis' volleyball tournament. I bought them this little table a few weeks ago and this is the first time they sat at it. I was happy to see they liked it! Breakfast on Saturday morning and watching Sesame Street!
Mid morning we went on a walk around the block. Once again, Cooper started collecting sticks along the way so when we got back to my house I went in to get their little wagon so he could collect as many as he wanted. He was having a hard time holding his ball and gathering the sticks in the other hand. But he won't let go of the ball!
Sister decided to help. She is looking for sticks in the driveway... Notice she has a ball in her hand also and a little santa bear.
My fireplace hearth is lined with Christmas stuffed animals from one side to the other. This is a collection I have had for years. Chloe was quite smitten with them and took a liking to the Snowman in this picture and also to Santa Claus which I don't have a good picture of. I let her sit up on the fireplace for some picture taking! I hope I didn't start a bad thing but how cute is she?
Where's Chloe???
Big brother wanted to get in on the fun!
In the zone.....watching Mickey Mouse Playhouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment