December 31, 2010
Friday morning
Outside my window....dreary wintery looking day, mild temperatures, 40% chance of rain
I am thinking....how much effort and energy it takes to get to this day each year but I made it PTL!
I am thankful....for so many things, good health, my son's new job, a very prosperous year for my company in the midst of financial turmoil swirling around us, my family, my friends, my precious grandkids (notice they get their own category!), my church and above all my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I am praying....for peace and comfort for those who have lost loved ones, for healing for those who are hurting, for healthy babies for friends who are expecting real soon, for complete healing and recovery for those who have faced real health struggles this past year and for God's protection over my loved ones.
I am hoping....for some balance in the New Year. I have been completely "scattered, going in all directions" and need to find some calmness in the New Year!
I am going....to spend the weekend at my sister's. Yay for a get-away!
I am reading....Francine Rivers' book titled A Daughter's Dream which is the sequel to A Mother's Hope. These were my first two reads on a Kindle. Miranda loaned me her Kindle so I didn't have to buy the books. I can't tell you how good they are. They speak volumes about relationships in a generational way. They really make you think about your own relationships past and present. I highly recommend them to all!
I am cooking....absolutely nothing! I have baked up a storm the past two weeks and although I enjoy it to de-stress I am completely out of eggs and butter! I do however have a lot of baking stuff left so hopefully I will get to do snacks and coffee in SS in February so I can use up some of these ingredients. I do love to bake and my Kitchen-Aid is my best friend!
I am reflecting...on what a great year Cooper and Chloe have had. They have passed so many milestones now that they are two years old. They are the little loves of my life and I can't wait to see what this year brings with them. They own my heart lock stock and barrel!
I have done this Daybook from memory and a day or two ago my niece Shay asked me if we could do "that fill in the blank" thing again each Monday. We used to do this weekly and I can barely get to it monthly now. It is a great way to journal, share thoughts and I encourage you to try it in the New Year. I have always wanted to journal but have never been successful. This is my way of journaling I suppose. I have probably left off a few categories above but it's one you can compose any way you choose. If you would like to try it, go to my Blog List on the right and click on the Simple Woman's Daybook and it will take you to the origin of this idea. Hundreds of women do this online each week.
I wish you all a very healthy and Happy New Year!
Blessings to you and those you love,
Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment