CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today...
Sunday, November 8th

Outside my window... overcast skies with a chance for rain.
I am thankful for... the UMW (United Methodist Women) organization and my dear sisters in Christ.
I am wearing... t-shirt and capris
I am remembering... our lovely UMW luncheon this afternoon and how beautiful all the tables looked.
I am going... to relax for the rest of the day.
I am reading... quotes by C.S. Lewis and The Brethren by John Grisham.
I am hoping... to take a couple of vacation days at the end of the week.
On my mind... what my pastor said today about how our perspectives change and how much I can relate to that statement.
From the learning rooms... that LOL means more than "laugh out loud." Our guest speaker gave us a few more today at our luncheon and two of my favorites were "live on less" (need to practice that one) and leave a "legacy of love."
Noticing that... when a bunch of women put their minds together, amazing and beautiful events come together so nicely.
Pondering these words... C.S. Lewis says, "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither."
Praying for... healing of many different forms for many different reasons.
From the kitchen... I made a batch of Carolyn's taco soup last Sunday and froze individual serving sizes. So that's dinner tonight! I will make dinner for Chad at Miranda's on Tuesday, probably meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. Chad likes what he calls "old school" food. :)
Around the house... nothing much, will get ready for another week at Miranda's to help with the babies.
A few things this week... Beth Moore bible study on Tuesday, hair appointment on Wednesday, craft show on Saturday and Supper Club on Saturday night.
One of my favorite things... seeing Cooper and Chloe's monthly bear/chair picture on the 8th of each month on Mir's family blog. I can't believe they are 11 months old today!

To create or view other Daybooks, go to the link in my Blog List on the right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment