
Today
Sunday, 11/22
Outside my window... beautiful sunny Fall day
I am thinking... about how much I have to do between now and turkey day!
I am thankful for... family and friends
I am wearing... blue jeans and a multi-colored top
I am remembering... what fun it was to go to the movies yesterday
I am going... to the grocery store in a little while to buy Thanksgiving food ingredients
I am reading... still plugging along with the John Grisham book, not much time to read this month!
I am hoping... to get everything done early this afternoon so I can squeeze in a visit with my angel babies and Maddie.
On my mind... how much I have to do!
From the learning rooms... The hymn "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" was written by Martin Luther and was inspired by Psalm 46.
Noticing that... I am always inspired by the older ladies in my SS class.
Pondering these words... "Be still and know that I am God"
Praying for... those who are mourning the loss of loved ones during this holiday season.
From the kitchen... after pouring over cookbooks and the internet, I finally decided on a dessert recipe and a cornbread dressing recipe. For Thanksgiving dinner, I am bring the dressing (scary), the Brown Sugar Cake and a Pecan Chocolate Chip pie. I am sure of the Brown Sugar cake and how it will turn out as I won a prize at work for that one but stay in tuned about these other two risks I am taking on behalf of my very large family!
Around the house... mess (nuff said!)
One of my favorite things... shopping for my angel babies
A few things this week... spending the night at Mir's to watch C&C while she and Todd go to the Texans game on Monday night, cooking and baking for the next two days for Thanksgiving dinner, going to a "Left-over Friday" meal at my sister's house on Friday, will probably help over at Mir's on Saturday so she can get ready for C&C's first birthday party on Sunday! Whew, that's a lot! For me it is better to just get it all written out and then I don't lose sleep over it (well not always!) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment