CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today,
Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010

Outside my window... blue skies and a deep cold snap is on the way.

I am thinking... of ways to better organize paperwork at home in 2010!

I am thankful for... job security

I am praying for... resolution for two different family members.

From the learning rooms.... this Daybooking is called a meme, the definition of meme is:
A meme is:
· An idea that, like a gene, can replicate and evolve.
· A unit of cultural information that represents a basic idea that can be transferred from one individual to another, and subjected to mutation, crossover and adaptation.
· A cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one generation to another by nongenetic means (as by imitation); “memes are the cultural counterpart of genes”.
Now isn't that interesting? From what I understand on further research it is information duplicated from day to day or week to week using the same type format by various people. Okay maybe not that interesting but I keep running across this word when blogging or reading blogs so thought I would share!

From the kitchen... I made beef stew for the first time in ages yesterday, it turned out pretty good and I guess I'll be eating it for days! I might be making some banana nut bread if my cold goes away. I have bananas ready for baking!

I am creating... lists in my head for what I want to accomplish in 2010 but I refuse to make a resolution!

I am going... to bible study on Wednesday night (if my cold gets better) and on Saturday will help Mir with taking the babies' to their first birthday party for their little friend Zach who is turning 1 year old. Todd will be with Maddie at her volleyball tournament.

I am reading... still haven't started a new book but I'm ready!

I am hoping... a work situation is an easy transition.

I am hearing... conversations around me and my desk radio.

Around the house... much, much to do! Half of the Christmas decorations are put away but still have to pack away a few more. Then it's on to some early Spring cleaning!

One of my favorite things... when Chloe and Cooper raise their arms for me to pick them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment