CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wesley Group Dinner

My favorite part of having guests over for dinner is setting the table!
Do I go with my fruit napkins or........

my brown napkins of which I only have 6? I have a very bad habit of buying 6 because my table has 6 chairs but I can squeeze 8 around the table. I needed 8 place settings so I compromised and went with the brown on each side of the table and the fruit napkins at each end! It worked!

Breakfast table is prepared for serving dessert and coffee afterwards....

What's a party without fresh flowers? Sometimes you have to buy your own roses! :)

Humor me with picture.... I bought this tea kettle last January when I gave a "Sip and See" to show off my precious angel babies. I invited all of my church friends to come meet Cooper and Chloe because each of them had prayed faithfully for them and for Miranda and Todd during her pregnancy. I love the sound my tea kettle makes when the water comes to a boil, weird I know but can you see the steam? It has a low whistling sound when the water is ready. Okay, I said I am weird but I love the sound. Maybe all the preparations make me feel a little like Cynthia from the Mitford Series. And if you don't know who she is, you're missing out!

Our fabulous dessert was made by Judy. It was scrumptous as is everything she makes!
Speaking of Cynthia and the Mitford series, Judy once made the famous Orange Marmalade Cake from the book series for a "Mitford" theme dinner we had a few years ago. It was so pretty and so delicious!
From left to right .... Sue, Carolyn, Charlotte, Judy and Virginia. Pretend you see me in that empty chair!

Left to right.... Rita, Sue and Carolyn

Joyce on the left and Rita on the right... we were so happy Joyce was up to joining us!

Again from left to right.... Carolyn, Charlotte, Judy and Virginia

Our dinner menu was Enchilada Casserole, Black Bean Salad, Queso, Guacamole, Salsa and Chips and the most delicious Berry Fruit Salad. And you saw that decadent dessert that we had with coffee. It was a great evening, worth all the cleaning and preparations. We set our calendars for the next 5 months and have some fun stuff planned. Just let me end by saying, "I love these ladies!" They are the sweetest and most supportive women. There are 11 of us altogether and we missed Jocelyn, Joan and my sister Donna last night and hope to see them at our next outing which is for lunch in the Heights and a trip to Penzey's Spice store.

No comments:

Post a Comment