CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Sunday afternoon
October 17th

Outside my window....partly sunny day, water sprinkler is going in the backyard and leaves are starting to fall.

I am thinking....about a friend who is grieving over an unexpected loss.

I am thankful for....my church and my church family.

I am remembering....how much fun Cooper and Chloe had at my church bazaar yesterday. They had fun in the pumpkin patch and they loved the Chick Fil-a cow. Cooper "moo'd" at him even when he was walking away. So cute!

I am going....nowhere for the rest of the day!

I am reading....still reading the Jeffrey Archer book, Sons of Thunder and our SS class study titled Enough by Adam Hamilton.
I started reading the Gospel of Mark yesterday morning. I've been away from my bible reading and I'm missing the Word.

I am hoping....that my son will find the right job for him even if it takes awhile.

On my mind....our SS class lesson about contentment.

From the learning rooms....My SS teacher thinks that we'll never be 100% content if we are striving to be like Christ but we can find contentment in our life places if we are putting Christ first in our lives.

Noticing that....I love the sound of Sunday football on TV even if I'm not watching all of the game.

Pondering these words...."Remember that it could be worse." -- also from our SS lesson today.

Praying for....my friend who is traveling for a grave-side service today and another friend who will be traveling abroad for the next 3 weeks.

From the kitchen....I'm making a double batch of spaghetti meat sauce today for the freezer. I'll give half to Chad and keep half for when Cooper and Chloe are here. They love spaghetti! I have all the ingredients for pumpkin bread and might make that sometime this week.

Around the house....need to put out the Fall decorations.

One of my favorite things....taking a morning walk with Cooper and Chloe. They can walk around my block without tiring and they love it!

A few things this week....Beth Moore on Tuesday, Facebook Class on Wednesday and Deer Park next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment